Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My Little Genius

Zion has been so blessed to participate in a wonderful program since the Fall of 2006. Little Genius Science and Math combines hands-on experiences with science and math, mentoring, and of course, interaction with peers whose parents hold them to the same standards of excellence that we have for Zion. I told Jennifer (the founder of the program) today that I love the class. I learn so much. Today Zion learned about the anatomy of the eye and took home an eyeball he made. Anita, the curriculum writer, is awesome too. Each week I am so amazed. Now my son knows that he can have a career making artificial eyes. They are called OCULARISTS. Who knew!

For more information about Little Genius Science & Math Program, view this link:





3 comments:

my5wolfcubs said...

I went to the LivingMathForum for a little math inspiration and got sidetracked at your blog! :) Love the picture and stories about what Zion has been doing & learning (I also have a 7yo bug-loving boy!). Your comment in the article about the Little Genius program is so true -- homeschoolers rarely have a chance showcase what they're learning. Thanks for the reminder that I need to create opportunities. Now back to math...
Lee
http://web.mac.com/laander

Aleisha said...

Hi!

I ran across your blog via the AAUnschoolers list. It's very nice record. I really like what you have to say about living and learning being intertwined. I also completely relate to your story about the pre-school, private/public/charter school circuit - no good fit any where. I've added your blog to my blogs I read list. Thanks for posting.

Aleisha
www.leapof.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Salam

I just wanted to say - masha'allah your child is beauitful. Truly beauiful.