Monday, February 12, 2007

Family First


Zion’s little brother Ayinde was admitted to the hospital on Saturday for pneumonia. Zion and dad have been at the hospital all day over the weekend. On Monday Zion had the choice of going for a play/homeschool date or coming to the hospital to be with mommy. He chose to stay with me at the hospital all day. I see this as a “side effect” of homeschooling. Being with his family during a crisis and just in general is not only normal, but enjoyable to Zion. He said he wanted to come to the hospital to help me and play board games with me so I wouldn’t be lonely. I wanted to cry. Zion is only seven years old but very mature and compassionate. My husband and I are so proud of who he is becoming. So dad packed his backpack with some essentials: Singapore Math, Explode the Code, Handwriting Without Tears, Little Genius Science and Math, and a book to read to me. Becasue Zion had a cold, he had to wear a mask while visiting.

1 comment:

Spry said...

I have been entertaining starting a blog about my daughter's homeschool adventures and your blog is an inspiration. I can really relate to this hospital adventure. My 4 year old was in the hospital for a week and my 10 year old was able to see her brother, learn some interesting things about the hospital as well as her brother's condition. Thanks for sharing your story.